SPOT features four key functions that enable users to send messages to friends, family or emergency responders, based upon varying levels of need:
Small and Light
Alert 9-1-1 - Dispatch emergency responders to your exact location
- SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes until power is depleted or 911 is cancelled.
- Ask for Help - Request help from friends and family in your exact location
- SPOT sends one message every 5 minutes for one hour or until Help is cancelled
- Check In - Let contacts know where you are and that you’re okay
- SPOT sends three identical messages to the SPOT service for redundancy. The first of those three messages is delivered.
- Track Progress - Send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress using Google Maps™
- SPOT sends one message every 10 minutes for 24 hours or until SPOT is powered off.
Size: 4.38 X 2.75 X 1.5” (111 mm x 69 mm x 44 mm)
Approximate Weight: 7.37 ounces (209 grams)
SPOT works around the world, including virtually all of North America, Europe and Australia, portions of South America, Northern Africa and Northeastern Asia, and hundreds or thousands of miles offshore of these areas. See coverage on findmespot.com for maps and current coverage.
Includes 2 AA 1.5V lithium batteries; under normal usage a full battery charge should meet or exceed the following
- Power on, unused: Approx. 1 year
- SPOTcasting tracking mode: Approx. 14 days
- 9-1-1 mode: Up to 7 consecutive days
- SPOTcheck OK/v: 1900 messages
SPOT works around the world virtually anywhere
- Operating Temperatures: -40°F to +185°F (-40ºC to +85ºC)
- Operating Altitude: -300 ft to +21,000 ft (-91 m to +6,492 m)
- Weight: 7.37 ounces (209 grams)
- Dimensions: 4.38 x 2.75 x 1.75 inches (approx. 111 mm x 69 mm x 44 mm)
- Floats in water
- Waterproof to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- MIL-STD-810E Method 507.3, 95% to 100% condensing
Salt Fog Rated
- Per MIL_STD 810E Method 509.3, 5% NaCl, 95% distilled water
- Per SAE J1455
- Random, 20 Hz to 2000 Hz, 0.04g2/Hz, one hour per axis
- Dropped twice on all six sides from one meter onto hard surface.
- ROHS and WEEE compliant.
- Certified to FCC and CE emissions, immunity and safety regulations.
- Meets FCC part 25 regulations, Canada type approval, CISPR Publication 22 (1985 1st Edition), RTTE Directive (1999/EC), IEC 60950 safety standard, and European EMC Directive 89/336/EEC.
About SPOT | Check Pricing | Rent / Buy SPOT